Irritation on soft palate, panicking badly

Posted , 2 users are following.

I'm currently 19 years old, studying abroad, and it is 4 AM. I've been feeling an irritation on the right corner of my soft palate all day. On a whim, I looked up some possible causes, and the only image that's similar to my problem is a 'before' image for palatal cancer. It's almost exactly the same. It's a small red patch of mild soreness with a smaller, slightly paler raised dot on it.

Here's a series of images - in the last image, my problem is on the left-hand side. I may be having a panic attack and there's no way I can sleep tonight. Can someone please tell me that this might have a cause other than cancer? I'll be going to a screening place tomorrow if the problem persists in the morning, but I don't know how pronounced the swelling is and I don't know how to judge lymph nodes... basically, I'm terrified. I don't do any particularly carcinogenic things, but I also read that young, healthy men have recently been getting this sort of cancer in Germany and I'm in Prague... I'm at a loss for words.

Moderator comment:I have deleted the links to the images as they went to a site unsuitable for inclusion in the forums. Users can upload images directly to this site by using the icon at the top right of reply boxes.

0 likes, 1 reply

1 Reply

• Posted

I have not seen the image(s) but it is not uncommon to have some form of irritation in the top of the mouth.   Usually it resolves itself, but the only way to check this out is to go see a doctor, as you have in fact arranged.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.