Is blood pressure medication making your tinnitus worse?

Posted , 2 users are following.

Hi all, I have had tinnitus for 30 years after playing in a loud band. I've recently been diagnosed with high blood pressure and been prescribed Doxazosin which has sent the volume of my tinnitus through the roof. I was wondering if anyone else had similar experiences?

0 likes, 1 reply

1 Reply

• Posted

Hello Nick ,fellow sufferer ,for not quite as long ,but it's not my best friend , Probably highly likely the drug has caused the increase ,Talk to your doc ,for a different drug ,and a smaller dose ,if he is an understanding

chap ,he should ,,,,,,,,,,, listen to you .... THEY !!! do say ,that there is no cure , Sounds as though yours is your fault ,,you should have kept the volume down . There is a test that you can take ,,which I have forgotten ,where they check above the neck .to find any damaged bits in your brain and hearing system

You have to ask your doc if he would do you a referral to The ENT clinic . It's worth a try . Any more questions ??????? my door is always open

Jacqui

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.