Is Depression And Anxiety Common In Gilbert Syndrome

Posted , 5 users are following.

I Am Having Episodes Of Depression

I Was Diagnosed With Autoimmune Hepatitis In 2016 And 2019 With Gilbert Syndrome

I Feel Scared And Anxious All The Time

Since 4 Months I Was Have Irritated and Disturbed Sleep Pattern And Insomnia..

I Feel Guitly For My Parents.

Thier Are Days When I am Completely Silent And Internally Sulk With Unwanted And Extreme Negative Thoughts About My Life

Please Help Me

0 likes, 4 replies

4 Replies

• Posted

I'm sorry you're feeling like this. I have had similar feelings when I have a flare up, working out and lots of water help me.

• Posted

I also have Gilbert's Syndrome and know how u feel. Try and get outside more or get out of ur comfort zone. One thing that helped with my sleep/anxiety was hydroxyzene. Good luck.

• Posted

I have always had problems with anxiety and depression. I am now 42 years old. My gallbladder was full of golf ball size stones and had to have it removed 5 months ago. Still having all the symptoms I had before removal and my doctor keep worrying that it was a stone stuck in a duct. the ducts are clear but the bilirubin elevated to 2.7 which makes me so sick. Night sweats, nauseas, yellow diarrhea, head ache, dizzy which wakes me up at 3am like clock work. Panic sets in and there is no calming me down. My brain goes crazy and I have thoughts of just ending it which makes me panic more. If I can avoid any triggers, such as stress, dehydration, ALCOHOL, I will do it. Its my menstrual cycle that gets me every time. When an episode hits it takes about a week to recover. I have found that Benadryl helps with sleepless nights and nausea, gaviscon and busprione for anxiety. vit D omega 3s and probiotics are a must. Exercise lightly daily.

• Posted

Gilbert's syndrome just make the development of this things faster. General cause of your problems are vitamins and metals deficiency. Depression is because your vitamin D and copper are low. Anxiety are vitamin B12 and B9, Magnesium. Check my other posts to find the guidance on correcting these deficiencies

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.