Is fatigue and body aches related to Chronic Sinusitis?

Posted , 5 users are following.

I would like to hear anyone's experiences or opinion on fatigue and chronic sinusitis . Before I I had a severe cold that brought on the sinus infection 3 years ago I never had body aches and fatigue. This has played a big part in the ordeal. It will hang around for a few days then disappear . Symptoms are hot eyes ,nose and face along with sore ankles, knees and singers as well as lower back. Always in this order .it gets to the point that crying actually helps relieve it which is strange but true.

0 likes, 7 replies

7 Replies

• Posted

I get the fatigue feeling and the heavy eyes, hit nose and face regular. I have a lower back problem anyway but it has played up more since having these chronic allergies. When we get a cold our joints are affected and allergies /sinus problems can act in the same way as a cold. I know my nose constantly runs now and has done for a year or so. Having a ct scan soon to investigate further
    • Posted

Thanks for the reply seems these symptoms are sometimes ignored by ENT's as being related to chronic sinusitis but when i discussed in length with my naturopath he said yes it is related
  • Posted

Your sinus infection resembles what I've been going through the past two years.  I also haven't found the magic pill to make the infection go away.  Some of the effective treatments that has helped avert the aches and fatigue for me  has been taking over the counter supplements that have been touted to improve ones imune system such as multiple vitamins, zinc, CoQ10, and vitamin C.  I also use a plastic squeeze bottle with s saline solution to rinse my sinuses at least once a day or more.  Exercise is also a recommendation that seems to help.  Likely you have tried Prednisone which can reduce inflamation in the sinuses as well as  muscles and joints.  If you haven't tried it your physician might recommend starting with  a five day Prednisone dose pack.  If it gives you relief  he/she might consider exteding the  prescription.  Good luck to you.
  • Posted

How have your symptoms been? I have the same, had a bad cold that lead to sinusitis and have had aches and pains in my joints, especially hands and feet. My ent said my ct scan showed a lot of blockage and he wants to perform a procedure, he also said those with sinusitis have arthritis type pain like this and it is common. I still feel like something else is wrong but I suppose time will tell.
    • Posted

It had actually gotten better since my second sinus surgery back in early 2014 . But really notice an improvement after starting to us a cpap machine after being diagnosed with sleep apnea as well so I believe this had a factor in the whole thing. The chronic sinusitis is still there ie yellow mucus and I have never stopped using Neilmed sinus 2013 so it has never gone away .

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.