Is Hysterectomy a good option for PVS?

Posted , 1 user is following.

i have the option of having pelvic vein embolization or a hysterectomy. I'd like to know if anyone has undergone a hysterectomy and did it help with the debilitating pain. I'm currently taking 10 mg of morphine every 12 hours as well as 1000 mg of tylenol every 6 hours. I've been suffering since Dec 2022. I finally have a diagnosis. I want to make the right decision. There are no guarantees with either option.

FINDINGS:

On the dynamic, time resolved sequence there is retrograde flow into the left gonadal vein with associated engorgement and multiple dilated parauterine vessels and pelvic varicosities. Several enlarged pelvic varicosities are seen crossing to the right. There is also an mildly prominent right gonadal vein and enlarged midline vein with normal directionality of flow. Mildly enlarged labial varices (series 7 image 41).

IMPRESSION:

Retrograde flow in the left gonadal vein with multiple dilated pelvic varicosities as described. These MRI features in the correct clinical context can be seen with pelvic congestion syndrome.

0 likes, 0 replies

0 Replies

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.