Is it just sciatica

Posted , 1 user is following.

Hi. I have had walking problems for years mainly with numbness thigh and having stop start or hold onto my hubbys arm . Tho didnt know why. I tried to accept it . I had a operation march this year i was ok after just had couple months of healing .then july.i felt poorly had severe inflammation in my head behind eyes.centre head nausea then noticed that i was struggling walk holding into furniture walls etc spoke to a gp by phone who said see pphysio he seemed think prob was my knee affecting my hip .so off i go exercises to do. Strengthen knees etc. Then things got worse .needed a stick tiny steps and sore joints hip both sides knees had severe back pain just out blue trying to walk. Saw dr who gave painkillers. .went a and e who said if you can take one step you dont fit criteria to do mri on spine byt would request gp did one. Gp didn't do said no point as won't show anything new. I had a slight bit stenosis one veetebra i think and spondyiolitis showing but nothing major. Normal ageing.bit compression . No need to do anything and called normal. Been wauting three months to see msk . Cant walk .no point leaving house anymore. As painful and very tiring. Hubby is doing everything standing is hard sitting painful. Night times are painful .kegs dont seem to work .drs just left me to await app at msk .mentally i am very upset as imagining all sorts is it ms . Will i get worse should i get a mobility scooter ? But i dont want to give up. . With no definite diagnosis. Since last weds i have had pains so severe sciatica like after hip groin nunbness pain .and very painful. Cant sit or walk or stand long. My quality life is very poor and worried sick tho i gave had sciatica epiaides before this pain is very severe and not going a week later. Drs have just left me. No advice and am imagining its getting worse and will be unable get upstairs soon .not abke walk seems like a trivial thing to drs. Both legs are painful i dont want to end up worse while awaiting seeing msk .could be months yet. Am concerned theres spine damage now and this is it. Wont get to walk again. Doesn't seem like theres any way of getting checked. .

0 likes, 0 replies

0 Replies

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.