Is it possible these symptoms are due to my H.Pylori?

Posted , 1 user is following.

Hi

I had gastro related issues for 12 years now. Always told its IBS.

About 3 years ago i noticed i had fresh blood on my toilet paper when wiping, sometimes even without a bowel movement, i could walk up town for an hour, and suddenly feel the wetness in my back passage. About 1/4 teaspoon worth.

I have went to the doctor who examined me, and said she cant feel anything, other than inflammation in my back passage, but said she doesnt know why, and just left me.

My bleeding stopped for 3 years, and now i get it again every so often.

I have started getting sharp pain under my sternum , radiating towards the left, and a pain on the right lower abdomen sometimes. Pain radiated to my sides. I tested positive for H.Pylori.

Symptoms:

Extreme fatique/drowsiness

Anaemia

Very bad acid reflux

Sharp pain upper abdomen, and a lot of discomfort / occassional pain all over my abdomen, sometimes it almost feels bruised to touch.

Brain fog

Occassional back passage bright blood / mucus - no blood in stool

Dizziness spells

Nausea (never vomiting)

Lack of appetite

Belching like all the time

A lot of gas from both ends lol.

Blood work came back normal apart from anaemia and some vitamins on the verge of being low, but a fraction only, so no treatment needed. I am a cardiac patient and on warfarin too, but had heart checks and can say with confidence this is not related to my heart.

I finished my amoxycillin, clarithromycin and lanseprazole therapy about a month and half ago.

At first stomach acid drastically improved , but thats it. Pain got even more frequent and severe.

Now taking Mastic Gum, and pain is almost gone, but acid reflux is worse.

Acid reflux steadily returned, doctor thinks i might not be cured of h.pylori yet, but in order to retest me, she would have to take me off Lanseprazole for 2 weeks, which she said she doesnt want to do if im still in pain. Waiting for endoscopy and colonoscopy instead.

Still taking Lanseprazole, but its doing nothing to my acid reflux - is this normal? I am scared if Lanseprazole is not helping it might be something more sinister.

Anybody experiencing similar symptoms? Thank You.

0 likes, 0 replies

0 Replies

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.