Is it possible to get PTSD for being kicked out of school?

Posted , 4 users are following.

Hi,

Last December, I flunked out of school. It really hurt me, I was got called really smart when I was younger but because of mental health stuff had a lot of trouble concentrating and I was bad at math and yeah, that happened. I feel so stupid, I never hear of people flunking out.

I've noticed something since then. 90% of my dreams are about school. And a lot of them are me on the cusp of failing, like it's the end of the year and I'm about to fail a class or I'm taking a test or I forget if I even have a class or not. I'm getting sick of these nightmares, they're confusing and they hit my self-esteem.

I don't know if I have much else going for me PTSD wise though besides the dreams. Though I must say, I am scared to try enrolling in a new college because I don't wanna fail again and waste money. But do you think it's possible for me to have it and get it like that? I hate even hearing the word "flunk". I cried so hard the day I told my dad. I've never felt this much shame in my life.

0 likes, 1 reply

1 Reply

• Edited

hmm your post is interesting. ptsd doesn't quite work like that! i may be wrong but as a PTSD sufferer you get it through trauma. it can be war related, a car crash, seeing something terrifying like a train crash or something that actually happens to you. it's terrifying to live with but you learn to and some people need support. it causes nightmares, flashbacks and sometimes really dark thoughts. it's usually diagnosed by a doctor or other health professional. i suppose what you're describing is quite distressing but if really want to know what is going on you may have to see your doctor. they will know, mind certainly did. try that a visit to your doctor.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.