Is it really pityriasis rosea? Help

Posted , 3 users are following.

I've been to 3 doctors since november 2019 and the first one told me what I had was a type of fungus, the other one said it was an allergy and the last one said it's pityriasis rosea. I'm really confused now because even though it looks a like some pictures i found , she told me that the first spot to appear, called the "herald patch" or something should be big and the ones after that were supposed to be smaller, is that a rule? because I do have small ones but there are some even bigger than the first one. thank you

0 likes, 5 replies

5 Replies

• Posted

Hi, I don't believe mine is this either, I've suffered since the age of around 7 and been told its everything from chicken pox to light photogenic sensitivity. The most recent diagnosis of this pyrititas thing makes no sense to me because like you've been told you get the "herald patch" no what you get it 1 or 2 tiny little kind of pimply/prickly heat spots that then erupt into what I can only describe as what feels like cigarette burns, I was also told that this pyrititas thing shows itself mostly in the winter, nope mine will start each year just before even the weather forecasters can tell the warm weather is on its way lol. All I know is these doctors are plucking at straws because they are as clueless as to what it is as we are. Did you see the pics of mine? I have even had them on the souls of my feet, there is no pattern it follows each time a new place.

• Posted

hello, I saw your pics and it looks a lot like mine 😦 it must've been tough for you having this for so many years, I have had this since november and I'm already desperate... About what you said, it's weird we're having this disease on summer, my dermatologist said it's normal but the internet says otherwise. i hope you get rid of it soon 😃 one last thing, don't use topical steroid cream, doctors don't recognize that it causes red skin syndrome but it does!!! just look it up. thanks for replying.

• Posted

image this is what it looks like

• Posted

Ya know..... If you have been to three doctors, and you are confused, you were ripped off. Any doctor should be willing to actually find out what is wrong. YOU pay them. Get an appointment, tell them you want a biopsy. YOU are the patient. If they tell you you do not NEED a biopsy, please tell them that, as a patient, you have the right to a definitive diagnosis, NOT an educated guess. Otherwise, you will be on forums like this, asking other people who have no clue, or on Google looking at pictures and worrying...

• Posted

You're damn right, I'll do that... Most doctors, at least in Brazil act like they're never wrong and if you doubt their diagnosis they tend to get like really offended you know, thats sooooo wrong...

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.