is it too late?

Posted , 5 users are following.

i am on Olanzapine 2.5mg for 1 months , it is too late to do cold turckey?,and sorry for my poor english

0 likes, 9 replies

9 Replies

• Posted

You may be able too everyone is different. I tried because I was on 5-10 mg for a month and couldn't. I've been on a 3 week taper and I'm down to around 1.25 mg. I would recommend buying a kilogram scale and getting a pill cutter and going from there. It's worked great for me and was suggested by others that have successfully tapered off this horrible drug. just base it off your insomnia and anxiety levels and don't try to force it too much. Best of luck. And I forgot to mention that a reduction of 10-20% is suggested when tapering. This gives time for your synapses and receptors to repair and sensitive again.

• Posted

I would not just stop. I was also on 2.5mg for one month and was switched to a different medication. I was put on it short term for chronic migraine. I suffered horrible discontinuation symptoms starting two weeks after my last dose. Insomnia (only sleeping a total of 5 hours over 4 days), skin burning, nausea, paranoia and extreme anxiety were just some. I've been on many meds for my migraines including effexor which is known to be hard to stop and never felt anything as bad as when i stopped Olanzapine.

I know the pill is small but I would try to cut it into 1/4s and reduce slowly.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.