Is it too late to get a blood patch? (Lumbar puncture)

Posted , 1 user is following.

hi guys, i would appreciate your feedback and help. i feel as though im stuck.

August 18th I went for lumbar puncture

August 19th I got lumbar puncture headache.

August 23rd the headache got 90% better but then I developed almost like a tension headache/sinus headache on on my nose area.

since then (now Sept 10 th) I get better for a day if I lay still for a day. but then when I slowly increase my activity the headache returns the next day.

since its been 3 weeks since the lumbar puncture is it to late to get a blood patch? i went to the ER during labor day to get one and the Dr said they are short staffed and to come back during the week but there is no literature supporting getting a bp 3 weeks after the LP.

this is very painful and frustrating. i cant even walk my dog or do anything.

my gp said to resume normal activities and take a tylenol with caffeine. I'm wondering by resuming my normal activities if I'm making it worse. any idea? my neuro says this could take weeks to months to resolve.

thanks

0 likes, 0 replies

0 Replies

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.