Is it worth going to my GP?

Posted , 5 users are following.

I think I've had RLS for quite a few years now - never been officially diagnosed. I get it maybe 2/3 times a month, but the reason I'm posting is that I had it last night and was up till 2am, so feel pretty wiped out today. I also have bursitis in both hips so, getting comfortable at night can be difficult sometimes, even without the RLS. During the day, the bursitis pain also seems to spread into my lower back so my whole pelvis aches. Sorry - forgive the moan!

I take paracetamol and codeine for the bursitis and arthritis pain, but try to limit the codeine. When I get the RLS the discomfort seems to originate in my lower back, then travel down my leg. If I try to ignore the urge to move and keep my leg still, I get pain all the way down my leg. I can get it in either leg and very occasionally in both, which is great fun! Does this sound like RLS?

So, do you think it's worth going to my GP? What sort of medication is available for this?

0 likes, 6 replies

6 Replies

• Posted

ive had rls forc20 yrs. for me i use this and let me say this people will say that rls inthe brain issue and this stuff wont work well it worked 100 yrs ago. 1st . soap. people rubbed any ki nd of soap on there legs/arms for cramps or the rls. minerals in soap open up blood vessels. any soap works. 2. apple cider vinegar put some on a paper towel and rub it in . acv is a wander miracle. bursitis. .. mayba tonic of honey. lemon an acv. in a bottle of water. idk if it would workbut ibet it could help

• Posted

Thank you for your reply, I'll certainly look into the remedies you've mentioned.

• Posted

I think it is definitely worth seeing your doctor about cheetah. There is a variation of RLS which is Periodic Limb Movement Disorder (PLMD) and that is the version I have. I am insure of the differences between the two but I think RLS can occur day and night whereas PLMD seems to be only when sleeping - or as it turns out attempting to sleep.

• Posted

Thanks Trevor. I've never heard of PLMD, but I'm sure it's a possibility. I'll take your advice and discuss it with my GP.

• Posted

Good morning ,

I have the same issues . I have never been told they are related though . I have had restless leg since my 30's and I am 52 now .

It gets real old and most people don't understand it .

I can tell if I am going to have a bad night, when my lower left side of my back hurts and I have to keep rolling to find a comfortable spot .

I have noticed some relief if I put a large pain patch on my back . It's worth a try ......

Donna

• Posted

Hi Cheetah

I do not suffer pain with RLS. How it affects me is that it is an urge to move the legs continuously and I feel like screaming but not from pain. That is the best way I can describe it.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.