Is it worth seeing a Psychiatrist?

Posted , 5 users are following.

I know I have anxeity and all my symptoms are coming from my anxeity and my avid reflex (which is most likely due to my anxeity) how ever the only symptom I am concerned with is the depersonalization and the constant muscle weakness. It's preventing me from doing the things I enjoy and I hate being in the state of mind always, I wanted to know if anyone has experience with phys treatment as far as meds and visits go I have no idea what to expect.

0 likes, 5 replies

5 Replies

• Posted

I would always recommend counselling I'm currently starting out seeing a counsellor and am hoping they will help

• Posted

I hate that it really makes u just wanna lay on the couch I started seeing a therapist and love it
  • Posted

I saw both a psychologist and a neurologist doctor and both really helped me. Definitely worth going to get some ideas on how better to deal with anxiety.

• Posted

Where do you live? I am in the states and I can tell you from my experience that here they are more MD's than anything else they mostly prescribe meds . You could try a therapist or a combo of both. Good luck

• Posted

Thank you everyone for the feed back. And yes I am from the states. I called for an appointment so lets see if it helps! Thabks you everyone

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.