Is my cut wound infected

Posted , 2 users are following.

cut my hand ln glass other day and had to cut abit off becuase it ripped the skin. stopped bleeding couple days ago and clenaed it and now worried about the colour off it any help

0 likes, 3 replies

3 Replies

• Edited

You may have an infection starting, hence the pink area around the cut. Glass is always a problem with cuts because a piece can be left in the cut but will be invisible. Especially if this was a cut from shattered glass. Just keep it clean by washing well in soap and water, dry and keep covered. you can smear with Savlon cream as well.

However, if that pinkness starts to spread towards your arm, and your thumb starts to throb then see a doctor straight away.

If you can feel a pricking sensation when you press on the cut then you may need an xray to find a possible shard of glass.

• Edited

Hi thanks for the message here another picture now and kinda picked the scab off the wound ocd was getting to me.

• Posted

Please dont pick at that wound. It really should be covered. It still could get infected.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.