Is that IBD?

Posted , 1 user is following.

Hello all,

I have had loose stool for a few weeks now. I go to the toilet only once a day to pass a stool as usual so my frequency did not change. It looks normal in colour size and shape aside from the fact that is loose. It is not watery.

I have seen some white-ish mucus but only at one spot and it is always the same spot in the stool - in the end of the stool that comes out first, it is always there.

Sometimes my stool is good and sometimes it is half good, half loose. No abdominal pain but bloating ( which is not always but often, usually after eating ). There is more than usual flatulence and burping.

I have had some acid reflux before so it is not a symptom that came with the above mentioned but I put it here nevertheless.

Now, I know those symptoms sounds very vague as many diseases can have them but what makes me think I have IBD is that I notice some non-digestive problems such as my eyes being slightly reddish - red veins in the white of the eye - jut a few but they are there. Also, I feel like my knee is a bit stiff sometimes but no big pain.

I also, noticed that high in fiber foods do irritate my stomach more like lentils or eating fruit with peel. Dairy based products also tend to irritate my stomach and I have never had problem with dairy products before.

I hope you can help me out here. I am 22 of age. Maybe that is good to know.

0 likes, 0 replies

0 Replies

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.