Is this a blood clot?

Posted , 3 users are following.

I unerwent ankle surgery 26 days ago, and I have been injecting a blood thinner (Lovenox) ever since. I stopped taking it today, even though i was prescribed the drug for 30 days. I started moving my leg around a few days ago, and i can walk with crutches with one leg. Im still a bit paranoid, I don't know wether i should stop taking lovenox if i can move around during the day. Here's a picture of my big toe,there is a slight bump and some skin discoloration, i suspect this might be a blood clot. Should I be worried?

0 likes, 3 replies

3 Replies

• Posted

You can always massage the area, and see if over time that works. Visible blood clots are easier to handle than non visible blood clots. I always thought giving blood helps with blood pressure, clots, etc. That is just an opinion. Speak to your GP about options.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.