Is this a sign of fibro?

Posted , 3 users are following.

Hello all. I've not been diagnosed,but strongly suspect I have fibro. I've learned such a lot from the posts on this site. I'm seeing urologist next week. Have questions about fibro affecting my waterworks to ask him. But this morning I woke up with my knuckles so swollen,sore and stiff that I couldn't move my hands. This has happened a few times (but not as bad) and I'd be grateful to know if it is a symptom of fibro. Many thanks Dot

0 likes, 5 replies

5 Replies

• Posted

Hello Dotcon

Sorry to hear you are going through a rough patch. The best advice I can give you is, see you Dr and get him/her to refer you to see a Rheumatologist. They will help. Good Luck smile

• Posted

Thanks Anne. As you will see from my other posts,GP will not send me to a rheumatologist. Why,I don't know. I suspect it may be they have to keep their budget down. I am hoping that I will eventually get to see one as I've got worse i.e more symptoms and existing ones more severe. My urologist commented the last time I saw him on how bad my posture was,so I'm hoping that he may do something It's just that my knuckles wee so swollen and sore as soon as I woke up this morning.that I assumed it could be fibro. Thanks again. Dot x
    • Posted

Hi Dotcon

Poor you, until you don't get a diagnosis from a rheumatologist it is difficult to determine it is fibro.  

I have pains in my hands and have had for over 20yrs. Hands tend to freeze when peeling veg, become so achy when doing too much and knuckles have become ever so clicky, that if I don't click them my hands feel so stiff. Also at times getting swelling on back of hands near the thumb joint.  I have got so used to the pains over the years that it's all so normal for me.....and I know it's NOT.

Your GP needs to refer you to a rheumatologist for a confirmed diagnosis.

Hope you get relief soon.  Take care and gentle hugs wink xx

• Posted

Hi Dotcon It took 10 years for me to get dianosed with fibro, and that was after many tests to rule out other conditions. My gp refered me to see a rheumatologist he dianosed fibro after yet more tests to rule out rheumatoid arthritus. I get swollen hand knuckles so I can relate to that. But not the water works. hope you get some answears take care 
  • Posted

I've got Osteo Arthritis as well as Fibro...sometimes it's just too hard to tell what's what...my fingers and hands get very swollen at times doc satys it Arthritis...hope you get so e help here  Dotcon..be blessed and have a lovely day.. :-) xxxx

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.