Is this autism?

Posted , 3 users are following.

I move very weirdly. My hand movements look abnormal, even my facial expressions (especially when I smile or laugh). Sometimes I look at one thing and it looks like I'm looking at another. For example, I'm watching tv and the person sitting next to the television thought I was staring at her. One time, my eyes rolled upward involuntarily because of too much light from the sun (it also happens when I can't remember something and trying so hard to remember) and somebody thought I was rolling my eyes at them (even got angry with me). Another time, I was admiring my friend's hairband so I was looking at the top of her head and she asked me why I was looking at the sky (her tone was implying that I was seeing something that's not there). I'm also extremely clumsy, suddenly knocking off utensils when eating or always losing hold of something like my phone or even unintentionally bumping someone when getting out of a public vehicle even when it's not crowded at all. I also can't look people in the eye anymore when talking to them but it wasn't always like that.

0 likes, 1 reply

1 Reply

• Posted

sounds like me , i have a daughter who is autistic and just studying her and the tendencies she has correlate to the same as me . might be on the spectrum for sure , its just how do we cope with it as adults ?

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.