Is this fibromyalgia?

Posted , 3 users are following.

dear kind people on here. i don't know if anyone can help but i am trying to help my sister who's is going through the toughest time. She was diagnosed with fibromyalgia last summer but on top of this she has - menopausal type symptoms, pain in some joint, muscles or somewhere in the body daily, pain where your womb would sit, gallstones, cluster migraines, ibs, diabetes, sarcoidosis. These are the things i know about but she has been told it's all down to fibromyalgia and the menopause. my question is this: is this typical fibromyalgia? is it worse during the menopause? what can you do about getting any sense and a diagnosis off doctors? where can she go to get some answers that explains what she has. it breaks my heart to see her in persistent pain. i just want to help, so have asked some experts instead of the so called ones she's been to.

0 likes, 1 reply

1 Reply

• Edited

A lot of your sister's symptoms will be down to fibromyalgia, especially pain and fatigue. The menopause won't be helping either. Many of us with fibro have other conditions to deal with also, such as diabetes, irritable bowel, insomnia and so on. I found going gluten free cured my irritable bowel and eating a low oxalate diet eased the pain a lot.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.