Is this Herpes?

Posted , 3 users are following.

I haven't long got out of a relationship, have never experienced any problems down below before. I slept with a new person 1 week ago and now have these. Is it possible they have me herpes? If so what should I do? Do I tell them? If they gave me it from orally, would they catch it genitally from me now? Is there any possibility it could be something else? thank you image

0 likes, 1 reply

1 Reply

• Posted

It's possible it could be an HSV outbreak. You need to get in and see your OB/GYN asap so that they can swab the ulcers before they begin to heal. If your new partner gave it to you during oral sex, it's doubtful that you'd pass it back to them genitally. They have likely already built up the antibodies to prevent it from spreading below the belt. Your call on when you should approach the new partner. Personally, I'd ping them now and ask them for an honest answer whether or not they have a known communicable disease.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.