Is this low iron. Doctors aren't helpful.

Posted , 4 users are following.

Hi everyone

I've been suffering with severe nausea,twitching muscles,lightheaded feelings,palpitations and a very tight chest also muscles in my legs hurt. Unfortunately I've got a few Digestive problems too. I am feeling really ill. Any advice welcome x

0 likes, 5 replies

5 Replies

• Posted

are your poops soft and floaty, oily? If so, get your self into the docs fast and get tested for celiac disease.  There is a forum here for it too.  Not an active one but it exists.
    • Posted

Hi Dee

I've been taking ferrous fumarate 210mg twice a day all this year for low ferritin. Prescribed. My levels have ranged from 18 to 17 to 24, tested every 3 months. My periods are extremely heavy and I have small fibroids. My poops are black and soft. Yeuk. Does this mean the iron isn't being absorbed? Do you know the difference between ferrous fumarate and sulphate? I expected constipation with the iron supplement but never had that.

Thanks for any thoughts you may have

• Posted

Morning Michelle,

Hope you are feeling a bit better than last week. Did you go for your blood tests? I guess you won't have your results yet. x

• Posted

Hi Masie

I haven't made an appointment yet but I did ring the reception to ask and was told all ok. I will ask for a printed copy I think. How have you been this week? Xx

• Posted

It's frustrating isn't it, when you feel so ill and the receptionist tells you all your tests are normal.

Yes it's good to have a printed copy of your results, not all of it makes sense, but you can then compare levels next time. I don't think our GP's always have the time to do this.

I've had a good week thanks, dreading period time next week though. I'm going to doctors tomorrow to ask if I can try  tranexamic acid to lessen the flow.

Take care xx

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.