Is this normal?!

Posted , 4 users are following.

I had my first and fingers crossed ONLY PC on July 7.

Surgery on the 10th. They did the marsupialisation technique.

It's now 15 days after surgery and it's still draining a TON. I have to use a fresh dressing every few hours. My Dr didn't seem worried.

I'm also in a ton of pain. I cant walk more than a snails pace, I can't bend either.

I guess I'm just looking for reassurance. I don't know anybody who's ever had one so there's nobody I can talk to.

Thanks in advance.

0 likes, 9 replies

9 Replies

• Posted

I didn't really want to look at my wound the first days but don't worry it's normal, I only saw the draining the two first days though, then I didn't really get to see it.

I was also walking slowly for about 10 days? When my stitches were removed it was awesome! Before that I had to deal with awful itching.

You'll be able to bend and walk faster afterwards.

I had a huge issue with stairs.

It fully healed 2 days ago.

• Posted

It's a hard thing to deal with, the first op left huge wound but it almost totally healed up, unbelievable really. My son was unlucky with the last part which skinned over at about half cm deep and the docs didn't pick it up. We are both wiser now! 
  • Posted

Not heard of that technique? Think they can be hard to heal. My son has been really unlucky, hopefully you will be luckier. As a mum who has watched him in pain I would say make a nuisance of yr self with the docs and don't neglect anything. Check it regularly to avoid it not healing completely. We really sympathise and wish you good luck.
    • Posted

It takes longer yes, but like this it won't come back again. I hope your son is okay, only my nights at the hospital were awful, still the pain was bearable.

The surgery itself though was awfully painful and just my worst experience.

• Posted

It's where they only close it loosely w a few stitches. So every time I move it opens. It's so painful but he said it has the best success. :-/
    • Posted

I actually was taking some pretty good medicine, probably why I didn't feel much. but later I got sick cause of the pills.
  • Posted

I had this problem after my surgery in April. And it turned out to be that there was a cavity behind the wound bed. So I would say again to the doctors and nurses about the pain. Mines never listened when a said about all the leaking and pain. And this has know resulted in me having a further surgery last week. Am constant in pain , but I have felt a relief with the cavity being cut away. That was my 4th surgery this year. I really hope that has answered your questions. And I y derstand what you mean when no one understands the pain etc. I hope things get better for you smile

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.