Is this normal after a gastroscopy?

Posted , 4 users are following.

I had a gastroscopy with a few biopsies last week which was all clear but the night after I had a lot of stomach pain which then went away but the past two days I've had it again. It's a very uncomfortable and localised burning sensation. I was just wondering if this is normal as I've never had one before?

0 likes, 3 replies

3 Replies

• Posted

Hi Applepie. I would say it's not normal do you have any signs of a fever or raised temperature? If so see your GP and get checked out.

• Posted

I could feel mine for days..also wonder whether the burning might be part of the symptoms that caused you to be referred in the first place (GERD??)
  • Posted

Hi Applepie12345

Has your discomfort cleared up now? i had a gastroscopy this week and have had discomfort in my stomach since then. I didn't have it before the process and was surprised that they found anything. I am seeing the GP on Monday.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.