is this part of fibro

Posted , 5 users are following.

I was diagnosed last year by a rhumotolgist , have woken this morning with very stiff hands and arms , they feel like there throbbing and achy they alsi feel swollen but dont appear to be very puffy . I did oissible overuse them yesterday as due to starting a new job just wondering if this could be another symptom of my fibromyalgia any advice helpful thanks

0 likes, 7 replies

7 Replies

• Posted

Hi Mandy

Sorry you are feeling stiff this morning I get this with my hands and arms all the time especially if I have overused them hope this helps and u feel better soon

Gentle hugs

Debbie xx xx ☹

• Posted

Hi Mandy12133 Unfortunatly it is a symptom of fibro. My fingers and hands are very painful and sometimes my hands swell up. I soak my hands in warm water to ease the pain and I also rub in biofreeze as this sometimes helps with the pain also take care
  • Posted

Hi mandy;   I think we begin to realize that most painful areas, that includes swelling/aches/soreness/PAIN, in areas that contain Muscles and Ligaments, is usually Fibro............(for example, for myself, there have been New areas that havn't been a problem over the past 20 years, such as my Facial Muscles and over the past 3-4 weeks, have been getting a New type of pain in my Loin/buttocks that I have not had as bad as in these past few weeks).....so Yes, for me, I'd say these new pain areas in your hands are due to your Fibro....and as Kaz has said, soaking in warm to mildly hot water, with some magnesium salts added, seems to help......to me the puffiness seems like an Inflammation of these muscles, and I have also started treating "these puffy/swollen muscles" with extra ant-inflammatories (such as Brufen/Neurofin.....and rubbing in a gel), and these seem to take, what I call, the Inflammation away.......all sounds funny to the normal treatments that we all talk about, but when these New painful areas, that feel like an inflammation, I treat them as such........as we also say, it's ALL trial and error, and I have found for myself, that these help............could trial for yourself????             good luckrolleyesBron
  • Posted

If people ask me what is your pain like I say it's like having bad throbbing tooth ache in your bones, then someone with an ice pick is sticking it in your joints and twisting it around trying to dislocate my limbs. 
    • Posted

Hi yes that is what it feels like a throbbing toothache in ure hand , just taken more ibuprofen as its started throbbing badly again , so annoying and very strange .
  • Posted

i have it all the timed but cant use my hands and fingers fully they also feel like there on fire sometimes so your not alone i can not work due to being unable to move for no more then 10 minutes then im in agony and am very exhausted and my legs just become so week and go like jelly and i just want to go back to work but im at a level now where i just cant do hardly anything and the pain is unbearable is there anyone else out there that cant work due to fibro
  • Posted

Yes.. I live that everday,   and in my legs..  However, I have had terrible times when I have been in situations that I have to use my arms and hands 'a lot' doing stuff everyday and it renders my arms and hands useless.   The swell, and become so stiff that the messages from the brain to hands to move fingers 'doesn't work'..  I'm like this for weeks till it subsides.. It's not nice at all.  This is hugely disabling at this point.  Cannot dress myself, feed myself using a knife and fork, and by this stage also my immune system is breaking down.   

I now have the very same issues with my legs!  Although the gravity pull and swelling feeling has been there my legs and feet now actually balloon out!  crazily!  This happens when my lower back is really really bad..  affect toileting to.  Makes if hard to know when I need to go to the toilet!...  

Take it easy and don't get into a habit of over doing things, as it progresses the problems later..

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.