Is this perioral dermatitis?

Posted , 3 users are following.

Hey yall. So for about a year, I have had three small red(ish) dots above my upper lip directly under my nose. I am really self conscious about them. I have been to three different dermatologists that quickly dismissed it as Rosacea after inspecting it under a light for about 20 seconds. They are about needlepoint sized and slightly raised, and no make up seems to work to cover them (I am a guy so an excess in make up is bad). I have had v-beam treatments, mostly on low settings but I had one that bruised. It was bad for a week or two after treatment, then got a little better, then go worse again. I have tried a lot of treatments such as Vitamin K and C cream, soolantra cream, and finacea. 

I just discovered perioral dermatitis and it looks kind of similar to what I have. However, it has just been the same three dots. No new ones have occurred (that I have noticed) and these three have not gone away. Is that possible with perioral dermatitis?

0 likes, 4 replies

4 Replies

• Posted

Photo?
    • Posted

The camera is pretty bad. Its the 3 dots right above my uper lip if you look closely. More noticable in person
    • Posted

They for a right triangle right under the bridge of my nose.
  • Posted

Hi, you're right, they havent shown up clearly on the photo at all. I tend to think perioral dermatitis tends to be a bit more widespread, but I'm no expert.

Hopefully someone with something similar can comment. Good luck!

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.