Is this scabies? enclosed pictures

Posted , 3 users are following.

Hi

Hoping this is the right place.

I have over the past week had numerous itchy spots on my skin. Some are raised bumps and itch a little but not all the time.

They are like gnat bites but I dont believe they would keep coming up after a week. I have an idea what they are but wanting to know if others think the same first. They appear on waist, chest, back, arms and legs. Could they be scabies?

Also any solutions to get rid of them and stop them coming up?

Thanks 😃imageimageimageimage

0 likes, 5 replies

5 Replies

• Posted

the placement of them looks like bed bugs but not sure. it doesnt hurt to try a 5% permethrin cream from doctor.

• Posted

Thanks jasmine3156

I have no idea there were so many different bugs!

I have seen some pictures of the itch mite for scbies which nothing like the ones i have but then some do.

It is hard to tell.

Just concerned about going to the doctors at the moment.....would somewhere like boots pharmacy be able to advise? instead of trying to get a doctors appointment with this current crisis?

Thanks

• Posted

it doesnt look like scabies..but..each person is different to the way the skin reacts. I broke out head to toe horribly I wanted to die it itched/ hurt soo bad. with the social distance thing your doctor may call you in a pill. ( ivermectin) and or a cream or both ( permethrin) if you tell him you think its scabies. trust me, better safe than sorry..also wash all bedding. vaccum. sweep clean,clean, lysol, everything keep hands washed. keep phone sanitized!! bathe your pets. and your friends! and if you look closely you CAN see scabies. tiny tiny but yes.

• Posted

Hi

Thanks for the comments.

Thankfully after 3 weeks or so it appears to be calming down. Either I had some reaction to something, got bitten by something all over or had some bugs about.

I dont have dogs or pets and have not had close contact with anyone who has scabies so I have ruled that out.

The bites are now full in colour and itch occasionally if I'm too hot but they seem to have stopped becoming more of them.

Strange one anyway.

Thanks for your help.

• Posted

Hi there- I would'nt rule out scabies! Everyone can respond differently to the bites, eggs and feces. I had a dermatologist tell me he would'nt do a skin scraping to check for scabies because he was unsure where to check, then told me that my skin was hyper-sensitive and that he believed it was all mental- that i imagined things crawling on me and the bites were just regular bug bites and the sandy feeling things on my sheets were either imagined or just sand. I've been dealing with this for a year and just met with a family doctor who does believe that it's scabies. She immediately prescribed me the Ivermectin and advised to take some antihistamines. She also mentioned that premethrins kill them- Ive found that ingredient in both lice shampoo and dog-flea shampoos so at this point I'm washing my body and hair with those and will take my second dose of Ivermectin in 2 weeks. I already feel better, -have slept at night without feeling bites wake me up. I pray this is the answer because I'm tired of feeling like I'm being eaten alive. After day 2 of treatment my skin Looks and Feels better!

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.