Is this sinusitis?

Posted , 4 users are following.

My mum is 46 and for the last couple of weeks she has been really bunged up but most of the time just in one nostril,when she sniffs she sounds really full of cold but says one nostril has been blocked!  She does also have asthma and smoke. Does this sound like sinusitis? Is one blocked nostril a sign sinusitis? Or does it sound like hay fever? Or maybe something abit more serious? 

TIA xx

0 likes, 4 replies

4 Replies

• Posted

This sounds like sinus problems to me. I have something similar, blocked nostril, and can only breath and blow in one nostril. This can sometimes cause pain or pressure in the face too. Myself I suffer with (non seasonal) Ryhinitis, which makes it necessary for me to have Antihestamin perminently. Your mum may just have hay fever (seasonal Ryhinitis) and may need Antihestamin also for a time. A trip to the doctor may be necessary. 

Maureen

• Posted

I also have to take antihistamines all year, I don't even know what some of the things are that I have a reaction to.  I also suffer from sinus problems.  Sometimes I can have a blocked nostril but unless there are other symtoms e.g. pain over eye, pain in check bone, pain in forehead over eyebrows it may just be a hayfever or alergy type reaction.  Best asking the doctors advice.  :-)
  • Posted

Thanks for your advice ladies!! Xx
  • Posted

Yes Jadex I agree with Jean-Ann, sinusitis is very painful and can cause a migraine type pain over top of the eyes and into you cheekbone and causes deep pain in the eyes. I think your mum just mas a bad cold. I hope it clears up soon but if not, best see the doctor x

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.