Is this still just anxiety?

Posted , 4 users are following.

I've had constant anxiety for the past 4 months. Mostly it's just been chest pain, shortness of breath, some panic attacks, lightheadedness, and palpitations. I've been to the doctors 2 times and they did an ECG, blood test, and X-ray. They both said everything seeemed normal and that it was probably anxiety. However, recently, my palpitations have been getting worse, like I'll have two or three skipped beats in a row and then a normal beat or two and then several more skipped beats and this cycle will sometimes happen 6 or 7 times in a row. It leaves me very lightheaded and out of breath. I used to only get these every once in a while, but recently I've been getting them several times a day! Is this still just anxiety or should I go back to the doctor?

0 likes, 6 replies

6 Replies

• Posted

i think its safe to say its anxiety..me too..almost constant symtoms..thing i hate the absolute most is the chest pain and constant sensations in my chest area..mine feels more sore and tight sometimes..feels like pressure sometimes..but kost of the time its sore and achy..had 5 ecgs and blood test..5 docs listened to my heart and lungs they all say its fine..so they dont feel its neccessary to go for other test..for its been 7 months now..so i guess the docs are right..how does your chest pain feel like?
    • Posted

Sometimes it's just a dull pain in one or both sides of the chest that can last almost all day. Sometimes its a burning feeling and sometimes its sharp pains that go away after like 20 minutes. I also get pain in both my arms and my back too. They pretty much happen all over my chest too like they can be on the left side or the right side or just in the middle. My muscles near the top of my chest are like constantly sore too. What are your chest pains like?
    • Posted

mine just feels sore all the time..when i move i feel the strain..its feel tight and achy sometimes which makes me hyperventilate..
  • Posted

Yes I get these too. However do u also get panic attack while out walking feels almost like choking sensation in chest and throat? All part of these we have to endure hey x

• Posted

Hi how u doing just wondered as I get what you get too. Try relax
  • Posted

Hi how u doing just wondered as I get what you get too. Try relax

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.