is treatment neccessary hepatitis b chronic

Posted , 3 users are following.

am chronic hepb positive , stage 2 fibrosis 8.1kpsmy viral load is 157000000 hbvml . is it really life threatening . doctor recommend me vemlidy? can my condition wait for treatment?

0 likes, 3 replies

3 Replies

• Posted

Hi!

I am not a doctor but I advise you start the treatment as fast as possible.

My father has Chronic hep B and when he discovered it his viral load was 26000 and he started the treatment immediately . After about a year his viral load became undetectable as it is now . it has been undetectable for years and his liver is perfect.

So I think the best option is to start the treatment immediately so your viral load can decrease.

• Posted

how old did he start treatment? any side effects? is he still taking treatment?

• Posted

I think he was 46 when he started the treatment. Now he is 56.

At first the doctor prescribed him Interferon which did not do anything good to him and had some side effects(anxiety, furry, weight loss, some hair loss) but he stopped taking Interferon.

After that the doctor prescribed Adefovirum Dipovixilum and everything is perfect, no side effects and he has been taking the pills for years (1 pill per day). As I said his viral load is undetectable which means it's lower than 20 units and his liver is completely normal.

You should talk to your doctor , he knows better and in case a treatment doesn't work you can always change it. There are many options.

Good luck!

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.