Is Tumeric any good for multiple joints pain

Posted , 2 users are following.

My 84 yrs young wife aches in most of her joints.

She/we are told by friends she should take Tumeric & Pepper supplement.

Has any one got personal knowledge of Tumeric & Pepper supplement efficiency.

If the supplement is considered to be worthwhile do we just look online and buy an expensive load of tablets/capsules.

We are looking for an efficient supplement hopefully not at a 'hiked up' price.

0 likes, 1 reply

1 Reply

• Edited

In my experience , usually damage to joints is the unfortunate down side to years of life and living. over time bones, tissue , muscle and joints all wear out. Just as anything used over and over thru the years wear out. Nothing on the market can stop or lesson the damage or pain. I have discovered heat wraps over painful joints help sooth the pain. Also joint replacement totally eliminated joint pain in my hips, knees. Ask your doc about OTC anti inflammatory meds or other rx meds and treatments available. No one should ever misrepresent any rx meds, OTC meds or herbs that will treat joint pain at this stage in life unless they are a doc and know what meds your wife is taking at the present time. Some herbs do not mix well with other prescribed medications. Unfortunately it's never that simple or easy with painful joints which can become debilitating over time.

Some docs will refer other treatments that can help your wife feel comfortable while adjusting to various treatments available . A firm diagnosis from a doc on joints referring to the initial cause will help with a proper diagnosis and how to treat for pain.

Eating a good balanced diet and just walking daily to stay strong can help keep the core muscles strong. If joints are arthritic joint replacement is the best treatment, which offers good function, mobility and zero meds to deal with. This is a huge antidote to controlling pain.

I wish there was a quick solution for your wife's pain . In many cases joint replacement helps many who suffer from hip , knee or other joint pain. As we age joints/bone/tissue all tend to be a huge issue with many types of arthritis and other complicated medical issues. Growing old is not for "Sissies". Sending good vibes your way.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.