It's driving me crazy

Posted , 4 users are following.

Hello,

I was diagnosed with RLS when I was 10.

It wasn't anything serious only 1 or 2 times a month.

Since last week after I recovered from a fever it started.

It was there when I went to bed and it was there when I woke up. Now a week later it's still here 24/7 it's driving me crazy. I can't do stuff, I can't sleep and it hurts like hell. I'm taking iron en magnesium pills and dopamine pills(forgot the name of it but a lot of people here use it)

I'm only 19 and don't want this anymore already.

What can I do??

0 likes, 4 replies

4 Replies

• Posted

It is a hard thing to accept that you have this disease at such a young age. Please try to find a doctor that knows and understands RLS. I personally see a Pulmonologist but a Neurologist would also be good. For me, I have found that taking generic Requip helps butI\ I absolutely have to take it  on time. So I set my alarm on my cell phone that reminds me. A Hot bath before bed may also help. One very old recommendation is taking Valium if your dictor will prescribe it. It does work but most doctors don't like to give it.With respect to iron, try Pure Absorb. It is liquid and is easier on your digestive system. Also, don't forget to exercise. Running or rowing is good. And there is a diet that many people follow. I can't remember name but it will be mentioned in this blog somewhere. Good luck in finding what works. It is a disease that is hard to accept and I pray that you will discover the routine that works dor you.

• Posted

I feel a bit of sadness for someone so young to have to deal with this disease. There is no cure, only medication to calm the symptoms. With that said, find a doctor who treats this disease and understands it. This might take you some time. In the meantime, make sure your current doctor knows your medication isn't working. Also, you may need to change your diet, at least for a awhile. There is a diet called fodmap which you can look up. You may need more iron and magnesium even if your iron levels are normal. I don't advise exercising late in the day but that is just my experience. Also, I absolutely have to take my medication exactly on time (especially in the evening or I regret it. I also discovered that for me too much medication made it worse.. It will not seem fair that this is a trial and error journey until you have what works for you and it really isn't but it seems to be the process  you will go through now. I wish you the best in finding a solution and acceptance of having this disease.

• Posted

Thank you for the reply.

Luckily my current doctor understands me since I have a lot of history with him.

I have psoriases and rheumatism as well. At this age it sucks but I will learn to have to live with it rolleyes

• Posted

There's been some success with Ropinirole used for Parkinson's. Ask your doctor.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.