Itching?

Posted , 5 users are following.

Hey there.

Just this week i've been diagnosed with the dreaded vitiligo.

Didnt really think must of the pale skin patches, I assumed it was from shaving or hair removal cream - dont ever use it around your genials by the way rolleyes With the pale skin, grey/skin hair started to appear. Again, I assumed I had damanged the hair from either shaving or burnt it from hair removal cream.

Fast forward 7- 8 years. Im now 31 and starting to come out in a fair few patches on my neck, my eyebrows, cheeks and my nose - not too noticable..yet.

For the past two weeks i've been itching like a mad man. Is this normal? Literally from head to toe im itching, is this a common symtom of vitiligo? I've also just had a hot bath and theres dozens of red rashes appear and died down after a couple of mintues, is this normal with vitiligo or something totally different?

0 likes, 4 replies

4 Replies

• Posted

Hi, 

My daughter is 8years and was diagnosed 2 years ago. She has never complained about itching but often said that her legs or arms hurt. Her blood test results were very low Vitamin D. 

What creams and are you using? 

• Posted

itching is definitely a symptom! my mom had pretty severe vitiligo and i remember that being her chief complaint. i almost didnt believe her, until it happened to me. i can always tell when im going to get new patches because it itches like i have a bug bite for a few days before it develops. i think this symptom might get overlooked often in people with vitiligo because itching is such a common occurance in everyday life that sometimes people hardly notice

• Posted

Vitiligo usually does not cause discomfort to the skin; but, the skin may occasionally itch. This symptom varies from person to person. Similarly, the skin can get red spots or inflammation.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.