Itchy pimple in pubic area

Posted , 3 users are following.

I have been experiencing a slight but constant itch in one place in my pubic area for the past few days, for about a week or 10 days. Yesterday while I was taking a shower and washing that area as usual, I felt a kind of pimple right in the area where I have felt itching and I have been scratching occasionally. As soon as I got out of the shower, I checked the area and I saw a small pimple, a little red maybe because I scratched the place and I spotted a couple more small spots very close, but they are not pimples yet. Since then I stopped scratching so not make things any worse and avoid spreading.

As I mentioned, the pimple is located in the pubic area, about three inches from my penis, not far from the boxer line. It is not painful, but I do feel a little itchy.

I don't shave that area of my body, I just trim it a bit.

Regarding my sexual activity, since the pandemic began I have only had two sexual partners and a total of two intercourses, on both occasions I used a condom properly and there were no incidents with this protection. Both instances took place between August 8 and 22.

** It was diagnosed as Folliculitis by a online dermatologist service . I sent the same description and photos. I'm looking for a second opinion. **

imageimageimage

0 likes, 2 replies

2 Replies

• Posted

Hmmm...it does look like mollescum, but not completely. The timing would match up with mollescum - since it usually takes 2-3 weeks after intercourse to show up. My other guess would be genital warts? Or perhaps just a regular pimple ?? The itching is throwing me off a bit, because mollescum isn't usually itchy. I mean it can be after you've had it for awhile or if you apply a rough medication to it, but on it's own it usually doesn't start as itchy.

I would suggest seeing a second doctor about it -- this time see a doctor from Planned Parenthood or similar sexual-health doctor. They are SUPER familiar with all types of genital bumps/irritations and could help diagnose it quickly.

• Posted

I agree that it looks a lot like molluscum, but of course only a doc will be able to tell. Good luck, and keep us updated. This stuff sucks!

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.