Itchy Skin eruptions / Hives after Shingrix vaccine continuing 3 months

Posted , 2 users are following.

Has anyone else experienced this?

I had the Shingrix vaccine 2nd dose in early December. From the first dose mid October I experienced itchy skin quite a lot in the days that followed, I seem to be getting increased skin eruptions since the 2nd dose, they come and go quite often and respond to benedryl cream.

The eruptions are either long raised itchy red bumps on itchy areas that develop like a bite or spot that are much smaller than the hive bumps. Location is forearms, ankles, knees, minor itch on torso around waist or hip.

Can any one relate?

1 like, 3 replies

3 Replies

• Edited

yes that was my issue with shingrix. i had the same reaction , it should clear up. if not report to your doctor.

• Edited

Thanks barbara, was your a delayed reaction as well?

Today is over a month from 2nd vax and I seem to be getting skin eruptions daily, some continue itching the following day and some have disappeared in about 5 hours.

How long did your reaction last?

thanks again

v

• Edited

sorry i do not remember how long the reaction lasted. it's complicated. i do not know your medical history. sometimes the scratching from itching can cause the rash to spread which is not connected to shingles. try not to scratch. fingernails can spread the rash just by the action of scratching which makes it much worse. i recommend rx for itching works very well , hydroxyzine. ask your doctor. there are also various OTC meds .

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.