Its been a week now where I have not stopped being cold, also I have the usual cold. Any suggestions

Posted , 6 users are following.

Its been nearly a week a now, where I have been constantly cold, I have a wolly fleece on and a nice fleeced hat on as well. Despite wearing warm clothes am still very cold. 

I also have the usual cold, got the flu, sore throat and the fulll thing that I normally get when I get ill. 

Any suggestions for this. 

0 likes, 5 replies

5 Replies

• Posted

Ginger tea's good for a cold and Echinacea to help your immune system. Ginger might warm you up a bit too.

• Posted

may be viral infection . Try to boost your immunity.vitamin C and hot drinks with ginger w'd help.

• Posted

You should definitely consult with a doctor. The cold might be a symptom of some other infection. Take care!
  • Posted

Getting too cold, or too hot in general (or having cold feet or legs at night) is a sign of poor circulation.

To get better circulation, do more physical activity like running. Rebounding is really amazing at getting the blood flowing.

The absolute best thing for circulation is hydrotherapy. Do polar bear swims, or alternating hot and cold showers, go into the sauna every now and then...

When you do a cold swim, what happens is your blood circulation is forced to go into your organs and out of your limbs, and as you warm up it is again forced out into your limbs. An ice swim truly works your body way more than physical activity ever would. 

Also, people that do regular cold swims and/or hydrotherapy never get sick for a reason, it boosts your immune system.

But there are risks to ice swims, don't do it without doctors permission if you have severe brain, heart or lung problems and also make sure someone else is there for safety reasons and never go far from shore because your muscles will freeze up fairly fast in icey temperatures.

You can't get the same benefits from hot and cold showers unfortunately, nothing really beats actual ice swims. But if you can't tolerate ice swims for health reasons or otherwise... then hot and cold showers are the next best thing. 

• Posted

Your hypopthalamus regulates temperature and taking Maca powder is said to give it a boost and regulate your hormones.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.