Its driving me mad (Genital psoriasis )

Posted , 3 users are following.

I'm  a male with genital psoriasis .... creams just make the problem worse ...I would aprreciate any help please

0 likes, 3 replies

3 Replies

• Posted

I assume you are under a Dermatologist?  I would go back to him and tell him what you have said here.  Are you on any drugs, perhaps immunosuppressants?  They can help.  I don't have Psoriasis but a different skin disease.

• Posted

my psoriasis is in remission. Here's my methods :

psoriasis is our own body attacking itself, it thinks it Is attacking infection and being helpful to us. When our bodies are indeed being attacked, like in winter, then the psoriasis is also worse. The body is prepared for a big winter fight so it makes the mistake of attacking imaginary things in our skin and sometimes joints.

So a warm climate without flu and colds is good for psoriasis. so is a diet that is easily digestible for the stomach.

My diet is gluten completely free and instead of sweets and candy I now take a little honey - enough to stop me being depressed through lack of sugar.

Lactose in dairy is a no no for me, I cannot digest it, my stomach bubbles and gases and has a really hard time with it. Bad for psoriasis too!

But I need the calcium in dairy - that's why we crave dairy - to get the large amount of calcium we need every day. So I eat low lactose dairy. I must eat dairy or I would run out of calcium.

I also take big doses of vitamin D3 - it's somehow mixed up with skin and joints. we need it and cannot make it ourselves.

I use DOVONEX which is a vitamin D3 cream available only on prescription.  It is slow acting but works over time.

All the best!

• Posted

One doctor said to me that creams have additives to make them less greasy, which some people may be allergic to, so I always ask for ointment, not cream. Just an idea which may help 😊

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.