IV reglan pre procedure

Posted , 3 users are following.

Yesterday was my third colonoscopy.  I felt headachy and nauseated from the prep, lack of sleep, etc.  After my IV was placed, I was given IV reglan for the nausea.  Within 6-8 min I became very restless, and uncomfortable, feeling I could not go through with the procedure.  I became anxious and told the staff to take out the IV, that I couldn't go through with it.  They walked me around and calmed my down enough to have the procedure.  I have never felt that way before.  I couldn't lay still, I was still nauseated, I was extremely anxious, it was really unpleasant.  I did end up having the scope and feely pretty lousy today, tired and nauseated, but calm and "normal feeling."  Has anyone else had this experience with IV Reglan?  Thanks.

0 likes, 4 replies

4 Replies

• Posted

Did they put you under with the IV sedation. I was put under with a general anesthesia... Kinda nervous about the upcoming procedure, but then I was 'out' and woke up awhile later... Kinda groggy but ok.

• Posted

Hi Marlene. Thanks for your reply. This all happened before I had the IV sedation. Once I was calm enough to agree to the procedure, I had the usual sedation and was fine.  I'm thinking it was the Reglan for the nausea I had a little earlier. I won't use that again!

• Posted

lol

I totally understand, I often feel like I could use something to calm me, so that I don't fear the general anesthesia. Does get a bit ridiculous on my part. The Dr's have their hands full with me.

• Posted

i still remember before my colonscopy i was so nervous i was looking there the other patients who are doing the process they will sleep after anesthesia but my bp is 144/90 and they give me anesthesia but didnot sleep when they take me to colonscopy room i was still awake the doctor inject me again but didnot feel sleep i remember all the procedure i am not panic though its my ist time i am relax looking the intestine on screen and it look good because there is no problem-----------well i must say i didnot fel any thing i am totally normal after my colonscopy 

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.