ive been having problems sleeping am loosing the will to live because of it

Posted , 5 users are following.

does anyone take temazepam 

1 like, 3 replies

3 Replies

• Posted

Hi Amanda,

I used to they really are only for short term.

You can feel very groggy in the morning as if you would if you had been drinking a lot the night before.

You very quickly can build a tolerance to them, for example the first one I took had a hot drink went to brush my teeth and had a job to get upstairs.

In 10 years I've probably had about 100 of them but now 2 don't work very well at all and if I can't sleep I could get up and read make a drink etc. Whereas with the first few I had to go downstairs on my bottom if I needed the loo as I was very clumsy worse than drunk.

They say they are very addictive but I really don't enjoy them that much because I feel so groggy in the morning, but maybe I'm lucky my doctors really don't want to give me them.

If you are having a really hard time sleeping they are better than zopiclone and great for short term use.

• Posted

I take it when I need to.  As another poster noted, it can be habit forming, so I only use it if I have gone quite a few nights without getting a good sleep.  It didn't make me drowsy the next morning, but I do feel a little different the morning after taking one.  My doctor has never discouraged me from taking it.  He says if it works, go for it.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.