Joan

Posted , 4 users are following.

is it normal to have leg spasms and 'bee sting' pains . I have had cellulitis for about five weeks and am having to have daily changes of dressing because of bad leakage. I'm allergic to penicillin to swab has been taken to find the right medication.

0 likes, 4 replies

4 Replies

• Posted

Hi. I had one bout of cellulitis last year. I was lucky in that my blisters stayed intact so i didnt have the open wounds. I did get admitted to hospital as i was very poorly. Iv antibiotics and off work for a month. In answer to your question i had extreme pain in putting my leg to the floor at the start. As my leg healed i had intense stabbing pains, it took some time before swelling stopped and i felt more normal in myself. A year on i have a dark area at the bottom of my leg. I always sit with it elevated at home. It is sensitive to touch and i recently have had jabbing pains again though no sign of the infection returning. It is a horrible illness to go through and i always take care of my 'LEG ' i hope you get well soon. Be good to yourself and get lots of rest with short bouts of exercise. X

• Posted

thanks for this info. I have trouble raising my legs as one of my worst sores is on the back of my leg at the bottom! I'm due for a Doppler test next week and hope for some answers

• Posted

hi i am finding my last dose of Bactrim (28 pills) and now daily using tea tree oil is finally softening the hard round area where the wounds were

• Posted

i have had cellulitis a few times hopefully now got to grips with this bet your post reminded me of the after effects which was comical to g/kids it was when phone or doorbell went i would get like an electric shock up and down leg funny to them but murder for me but luckily it went as leg got better

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.