JOINT/ KNEE PAIN X RAY & REFUSED REQUEST FOR PICTURE OF X RAY

Posted , 1 user is following.

last week, I went to NMGH for an xray on my knee joint because it was continualy hurting me

This happened & usual procedure I have to call on friday for results.However what I didnt expect to come out with -was a warning from one of the x ray nurses

As I am quite fascinated to see pictures of the insides of my body -I asked if i could request a picture of my x ray emailed to me & I was told I would have to pay for it

So I told them with respect I didnt thnk it was fair that i should have to pay for pictures of my own body & said well a nurse I was having regular appointments in another section was happy to send a picture of my lungs to me by email without reluctance

So she said oh well Im going to have to advise my manager about this because she could get sacked so I said well Id like to request that you dont because she is the only nurse i ll see

She then proceeded to give me a warning telling me to be careful what i say to people

I am very unhappy that she DARED to give me a warning when all I went for was a XRAY!!-

All she is paid to do is give me an x ray & thats it not to give me a warning (treating me as if I was a colleague & not a patient)

I am downright FURIOUS with the nurse at NMGH who gave me this warning - all she is there to do is my xray which she did --thats all I went for in all my innocence I DID NOT EXPECT TO COME OUT WITH A WARNING!!!

What made it worse was that she was much younger than me

0 likes, 0 replies

0 Replies

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.