Joint pain but doctors unable to find root cause

Posted , 2 users are following.

My 50 yr old mother have been suffering from joint pain from last 4-5 years but doctors were not able to find the cause. Earlier she had hip pain then it went fine (with some doctor help) after some time she had shoulder pain that also become manageable (with some doctor help). Recently she had knee pain which came after sudden cracking sound which also got fine after some time(with some doctor help).

Then from last year she had only swollen and painful ankle in both legs. I went to orthopedic, he made (CBC, ESR, CRP, RA factor) tests and found all fine , then he said it may be due to some overburden or over work she may have done. Then he gave some general medicines and the symptoms were very much suppressed but after some time due to increased swelling in one ankle, the doctor suggested to check her by a physician. So I went to a physician he asked for KFT, LFT Urine test and some blood test and found all fine but two vitamins are lacking . B12 ( as per report result 121 ) and D3 (as per report result 26.6). He said B12 is very low so that's the cause and prescribed the supplements for same. And asked for consult again after 3 months but just after 30 days now my mother is experiencing heavy pain in shoulder, ankle (swollen also), hip and knee . As I got blessed with a new born baby so she had to work hard from last few days. Kindly suggest what should i do now and what can be the cause of these pains. Is it some kind of arthritis or something else. Thanks in advance.

0 likes, 1 reply

1 Reply

• Posted

Sounds very much like a generalised arthritis.Is your Mum overweight? Putting too much strain on overloaded joints will not help.

Try to encourage her to cut down on these three things- Sugar,fat and salt. They are the worst foods for arthritis.

Does she take any sort of Anti inflammatory drugs? Ibuprofen is the most widely used and easily obtainable.

The term arthritis can cover all sorts of conditions with very similar symptoms and it can take a long time to discover exactly what is going on. Has she ever had any xrays or scans?

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.