Just been diagnosed

Posted , 2 users are following.

ive just been diagnosed with Coeliac disease by blood test i got told over phone after waiting 7 weeks for my results, but i nothing got said about if i need to go for any other tests she just said cut out gluten and sent me some information.

i didn't get told what my score was just it was positive. i went to doctors cause i was getting really bad cramps, really bad bloating, diarrhea and constipation, hiccups(reflux), headaches, skin rash and tired all time.

so im just wondering do i need to go back and see them and ask for more test.

the things im reading also say i should of been referred to dietitian or gastroenterologist.

sorry im new to all this any information would be greatly appreciated.

0 likes, 1 reply

1 Reply

• Posted

hi kelly, if you are the person who was on here before waiting for tests who has now come back then hello! it's scary and i can totally understand. trying get answers from your doctor's is tough. when i was diagnosed i was sent on a course because that will explain what you need to know. contact the dietary service and tell them and say you don't know anything. there is a company who know exactly how you feel as they're coeliac u.k. you can join them and they will send you information about supermarkets, help with diet, prescriptions, (free bread if you are claiming benefits), i get pasta if ask my dispensing chemist in advance. if you ask google as you're shopping and you can see what you can have. do you eat meat and fish?'i only ask because it's easier if you can! i have made my diet extra hard as i am veggie, with allergies and coeliac. in most supermarkets they should now have a free from section, that should help. watch out for profit making on certain things like chocolate though, some. chocolate is simply free from anyway. remember red, white blue - rye, wheat and barley! oh and buy a separate toaster, that's the worst offending object! good luck keep asking as many questions as you feel you need. 😁 🤞

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.