just diagnosed with psoriasis

Posted , 4 users are following.

going 4 light treatment tomorrow nervous

1 like, 4 replies

4 Replies

• Posted

If you have mild to moderate Psoiasis light treatment helps. I have plaque P. &  palmoplanter P. 

I wish you well on light treatment, ask about the excimer laser it helped me a lot and it kills the small capillaries blood vessels that feed the plaques or any type of P. There are 5 types of P.

Keep your skin moisturized especially during winter is important. Cold winter dries out skin and can be a trigger for P. Sunshine is helpful a few minutes a day helps the skin make vitamine D and clears P. 

There are many meds for P. From light treatment being careful that you are not burned.Start out with only a few minutes at a time. 

There are biological drugs that suppress the immune system. Psoriasis is a autoimmune disease. Sorry to say no cure. I must have a storage room full of all kinds of meds, and need a hard hat to open the door. From Cortizone , and topical steroids to OTC tar meds they all help . 

I hope you find a treatment that helps you soon. 

No scratching. LOL

HOPE

• Posted

on various treatments .eumovate, and dermovate. and light treatment oh and still scratching
  • Posted

I was diagnosed with palmerplanter (hand and foot) psoriasis earlier this year. I'm 63 next week so rather late in life to get it but psoriasis is in my family and it is hereditary.

steriod ointments, coal tar and moisturisers didn't have any effect so they gave me PUVA treatment twice a week this summer. I had 30 sessions.

initially my psoriasis did improve a little.

Its a well established treatment and depending where your psoriasis is it can be very effective. It's a big commitment in time.

I am now taking acitretin. I am on day 5 so too early to say if it works!

Good luck with your treatment. Keep reporting back.

this forum helps sufferers and I've tried a few things suggested on here and will continue to do so.

• Posted

got psoriasis all over. all creams not doing much now on uvb treatment 3 times a week mon wed and friday so will see how it goes

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.