Just had the NeuViva procedure - it was painful

Posted , 2 users are following.

Curious if anyone has had the NeuViva procedure as opposed to the MonaLisa Touch. I had first treatment 5 days ago. As dr. approached the opening the procedure became very painful. Rather like hitting a nerve during a dental procedure. Has anyone else has had this experience? There was no numbing agent. Very nervous about continuing.

1 like, 6 replies

6 Replies

• Posted

Never heard of it but will do some investigating. L
  • Posted

Is this covered by insurance. Can't find anyone in my area. Northern California. Looks similar to Mona Lisa.

• Posted

Hi, it is not covered. But supposedly same procedure. The actual device is supposedly half the cost to the Monalisa device. The intention is to deliver same treatments At a lower cost. I checked with another doctors office that offers Mona Lisa touch and discovered that I paid the exact same amount. So much for that!smile Honestly, that is not the issue for me though. It was the pain.

• Posted

I had Mona Lisa and didn't have pain but others have said they did. I am due for a tuneup in April. Had 3 last year and then one each year

• Posted

How do you feel? I don't feel any different but it's only been six days :-) did you get a numbing agent? Did the others? Curious if the application of a numbing agent makes a difference.

• Posted

No numbing agent. I had itching but no real pain though some on here complained of pain. Think it is an individual thing. Glad I did it though

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.