Just started on duloxetine

Posted , 4 users are following.

Just started on this any advice no horror stories please. Saw psychiatrist as been having anxiety, intrusive thoughts, ocd. I thought was all from being made to CT off zopiclone. But he thinks have had GAD for several years and zopiclone masking it. Very nervous about taking it as been on SSRI's fir few months made things 10 times worse. idea is to have few intensive counselling sessions then come off it after few months. once brain adjusted bit to coming off zop.

0 likes, 8 replies

8 Replies

• Posted

i was in it for many years. it worked for what i needed and had no problems getting off it. beat of luck.

• Posted

I have been taking 120 mg for a year. Side effects are not very bad. Tiredness went away after 2 weeks.Dry mouth went away after several months.

• Posted

tracey3210,

i've never been that high but if i go back on it i may need to. did you have any weight gain?

are you on brand or generic?

• Posted

I am on generic Duloxetine. It's hard to tell if the Duloxetine caused gain weight. Yes, I gained weight, but I am on HRT and Abilify, also. The meds want me to eat all day, so I chew sugarless gum all day.

I am taking the Duloxetine for my anxiety disorders. What did you take it for?

• Posted

How quickly did it start working fir you? the SSRI's did nothing but psychiatrist said were wrong type of meds. Says on leaflet might loose weight on it. I don't feel much like easting at the moment. Been on 30mg fir 3 days increasing to 60mg today so hoping will be able to tolerate it.

• Posted

Took me about 6 months, at 60 mg to notice improvement. Are you taking it for Anxiety Disorders?

• Posted

I read your post again. It is for GAD.

• Posted

I still think a lot of it is withdrawal symptoms, as never had any symptoms before stopping the zopiclone. Very wary of taking it as the SSRI's really messed me up.Have found eyes gone a bit blurry but noticed that with starting the SSRI's as well so hopefully will go off. He said it's faster acting then venaxaline that he mentioned as well.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.