Just turned 50 and waking up to sore knuckles

Posted , 3 users are following.

After just turning 50, I am noticing some changes.  First of all, back in my younger days I used to hit a heavy bag quite a lot and stopped, then restarted but haven't for over two years.  Lately, I have been waking up and my hands feel quite tight in the knuckle area.  I don't think the heavy bag was the issue since I did not punch the bag as much with my left hand, however both hands feel the same.  I have also had some pain in my feet.  Sharp pains mostly on the sole area beneath the toes.  My last blood test said my glucose was a tad high but my Doctor did not seem worried.  i have taken RX fish oil for over a year.  Thoughts?

1 like, 3 replies

3 Replies

• Posted

I will be turning 48 at the end of this month. I just passed the year mark with out a period so I guess that is menopause now, along with this came a rise in blood pressure, hot flashes and now sorenesss in joints. Mostly in hands and thumbs hurt the most in the joints. I had blood test done and I tested positive for RA. Waiting to see a RA doctor, seems like long wait or there is alot of people getting it. I have done some internet reading and they say fish oil is good, helps keep joints lubricated. I also take tumric with bio-pepperin for anti-inflammatory. i am still finding other natural ways to treat it.
  • Posted

This is rather odd to me since nothing has ever hurt before.
    • Posted

Yeah, I have arthritis in the knees and feet and now have tightness in the fingers.  When does it stop???

Do hand exercises - make a tight fist and then splay fingers out about twenty times a day.  Movement is essential hopefully to keep it at bay.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.