Just wanted to share something that I believe is working to stop me getting cellulitis again.

Posted , 3 users are following.

4 or five years ago I had several incidents of Cellulitis about a 10 months to a year apart . Two on my abdomen after a cat scratch and an insect bite. One on a foot - insect bite again and one on my leg - insect bite. Since then I have applied tea tree oil or lotions to my abdomen and groin areas and insect repellent to legs and feet as a body lotion almost daily.and in any creases such as breasts and navel.

Result - NO CELLULITIS FOR 2 AND A HALF YEARS NOW.

Worth a try I think.

Hope this helps some one - I nearly died of toxic shock one of those times I had it and was on special care unit with kidneys shutting down. I use Plantation Tea tree lotion you can buy a a local supermarket where I am.

1 like, 3 replies

3 Replies

• Posted

Thanks, Jane -- and congrats on the relief! Wondering if you ever tried homeopathic Pyrogenium, which was recommended to me. I'm on month 11 of pain in leg from bug bite; lately leg feeling numb and, weirdly, like blood is on fire or something.

Thank you. Be well!

• Posted

No Catherine I not heard of it. Thank you though I will talk to a friend who is into Homeopathy and will ask her about that.

• Posted

Thanks Jane. I will try anything. I never want this again. Still have it on knee foot and ankle, 7 weeks on but off antibiotics at last. I have microcytic anaemia now but hopefully will get sorted with that. Good luck to continue cellulitis free

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.