Kidney pain every time medication is taken with normal test results

Posted , 1 user is following.

Hello. My mom was diagnosed with h. pylori last year and her GI doc prescribed her antibiotics for it, which where doxycycline, metronidazole (Flagyl), and pantaprozole. She took her doses however the very next day she experienced very painful kidney pain and so she stopped taking the medication. Ever since then (1 year after) she experiences kidney pain whenever she takes medication and/or supplements, including antibiotics, PPI, Vitamin C supplements, IV infusion of TPN, etc. She has dropped a lot of weight and still is even though she has been cured from the pylori for about 3 months now. We went to a nephrologist, urologist, and endocrinologist and performed every possible blood tests, ultrasounds, etc. We've tried heating pads, lidocaine, and my mom drinks so much water. Pain happens on both sides of the kidney as well. Her BUN and Cr levels are normal too. If anyone has any clue as to what is going on or are going through the same thing, please let me know. Thank you.

0 likes, 0 replies

0 Replies

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.