Kidney Stones/stent issues

Posted , 1 user is following.

Bare with me, this is my first post and will be long. I am desperate for help and or guidance. December 2022 I had 2 stones blasted by lithotripsy. The procedure did not work and I had to come back in February to have my doctor go in to retrieve the stones. He was unable to get through the ureter so he placed a stent. The stent was supposed to stay in for 3 days and I would remove it after 3 days. I got home and the stent came out on its own about 3 hours later. Everything was okay for 2 days but on day 3 I started experiencing horrible pain. I ended up at the ER and was admitted for 5 days. UTI, obstructed and swollen kidney. I was not able to see my doctor because he was on vacation for the week. Followed up the following week and another surgery was scheduled to remove the stones. Surgery was done, stones were removed and stent was placed. I have still been experiencing horrible pain. I have been back to him, had a cystoscope done, found a particle imbedded in my ureter that was possibly part of the problem. Stent was removed from cystoscope and I am still hurting. Not near as bad as it was but the pain is still there. Doctor swears bladder and kidneys are stone free. I'm at my witts end and don't know what my next step should be. I feel pain and throbbing on the lower left side. Has anyone else ever been through this? Advil helps with the pain but it comes back as fast as the medicine wears off .

0 likes, 0 replies

0 Replies

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.