KNEE AND SHOULDER INJURY

Posted , 4 users are following.

Hi! i am a newcomer to the group. i have been suffering from frequent right shoulder rotator joint pain frequently following a sudden jerk on a bus ride.recently on my doc's advice ihad done a MRI that showed an injury with mild joint effusion and partial thickness articularsurface tear of supraspinatus tendon. i was advised physiotherapy and medicines like newbona active daily. recently i had a muscle pain in right knee area that was worsened by a sprain while walking fast for catching a train. the xray showed reduced right medialtibiofemoral joint space and oa(?) change. i had excruciating pain at the back of my knee and got crippled as i could hardly walk. this happened three weeks back but my knee still remains stiff and not normal yet though i have been taking medicines like lupoxa thrice daily, tendocare(same dose),evion lc once daily. i have been walking but lost confidence as my knee does not feel normal and strong. i can't get up without pain from a low rise sofa or bed. i have never taken so many pills except a very few occasions.i do practise yoga and simple exercises too. please suggest me ways to cure faster. my doc had also prescribed jointace c2 that i ahave not started.should i take arthro 360 instead of jointace? why is it taking so long to normalise walking? by the way i am 58 and don't have hypertension or diabetes...though i remain borderline.thnx all.

0 likes, 3 replies

3 Replies

• Posted

Are you in the right place? This is the RA forum, not an injury forum.
  • Posted

Hi Sutapa

you are. In the rheumatoid arthritis area of the forum. Are you thinking your symptoms might be the beginning of RA? Are you still seeing a physiotherapist as they often have good advice and experience .

• Posted

sutapa - Muscle injury 6 weeks, tendon, cartledge injury 12 weeks.

I found that out the hard way I'm afraid when I tore out the cartledge in my left hip joint 12 weeks after my right hip had been replaced.

GP Dr, said that to me and I was doubtfull, sister/sibling a very senior nurse backed him up when I complained to her, very unsympathetic for a sister I'm afriad.

Dr and sister were right, starting to get depressed as in severe pain and then at 13 weeks woke up one morning in no pain.

I can tell you I was very careful moving, as I thought it can't be gone that suddenly but it was.

Specilaist when a saw him a couple of weeks later, after waiting far to long on waiting list confirmed I had significant less gap in my hip joint, compared to surgery 6 months previous and put on waiting list for left hip surgery.

It had been suggested I would have a 2 year gap between hip surgery as OA was there and showing up but not severe enough to warrant surgery, after torn cartledge and gap differnce given an upgrade in waiting time, surgery ended up being 15 months apart rather than 24 months.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.